Monday, July 14, 2014

Email with Photo from Oxford, MA

I am doing just grand this week. I am exhausted  as usual, but am doing grand. Sister Boldt has been sick a lot this week, so I have been taking care of her. We didn't even leave the apartmentSaturday because she had a fever on and off. So I made her sleep and have been nursing my TRAINER back to health! We have been taking turns getting sick. She let me sleep in until TEN O'CLOCK today! That little booger. She went and cleaned almost the whole apartment, WHILE SHE IS STILL SICK. I mean, I am grateful for the sleep, and I am still feeling really tired, but she told me that she felt like she was going to throw up and she was STILL CLEANING THE APARTMENT.   My companion. Sheesh. haha.

My days are all starting to blur together. I feel like Sundays are like... every other day! But I guess that is a good thing because it means we are keeping busy! Hmm.. what else? OH! I drove for the first time yesterday on New England roads! But only because Sister Boldt was sick and needed me to finish driving home. My poor companion :( But if you haven't seen New England roads, then you don't know the meaning of scary driving. The roads look like there is only enough room for one car, but somehow two cars fit down it. So driving was a fun adventure! I kept us all alive :D haha

Tomorrow we are doing exchanges, which is when you switch companions for a day. So tonight we are going to switch with the Sister Training Leaders in our zone. Apparently the Sister Training Leaders call and ask the District Leaders about any concerns they have about Sister Boldt and I, or any suggestions they have for us. Apparently Elder Trujillo told them that I needed to stay here in Oxford, and my companion would go somewhere else for the day. Do you know what that means? Two things. One, I am going to be in charge for the day which is SO scary because I feel like I don't know how to do ANYTHING still!!! And second, the fact that my District leader felt prompted to tell them that I need to stay here means that he is making sure that I am getting hardcore training. Elder Trujillo has been pushing me way past my comfort zone since I got here, and has been making me do things that greenies DO NOT normally do. For example, staying here and being in charge for during exchanges. And also, he made me give a training to our District ALL BY MYSELF. Greenies never, or rarely give trainings, so he is training me HARDCORE. Between him and my companion, I am learning a lot. But it is still scary to be a leader..... especially since I have only been here for four weeks starting yesterday.

The storms have been interesting. I love watching the lightening, but the thunder is scary. One set of our elders saw a lightening bolt touch down several feet in front of them when they were driving. But they were uninjured, and said it was wicked cool. So the tropical storms here are always an adventure.


Our youth had an awesome time at youth conference. They visited all the church historical sights and did indeed attend the pageant. They also went and did baptisms at one of the temples there. They slept in tents so that they could have two solid days to get to do everything. They had a blast. They rode up in charter buses, and all of the youth wrote there testimony in two Book of Mormon's and gave them to each of their bus drivers which I thought was the coolest thing ever!



Roasting s'mores at a members house. They are foster parents so they have a lot of little kids who love us to pieces! They have a sweedish neice and nephew visiting who are visiting for the summer and are interested in the gospel. They are amazing kids, and I would do anything for them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment