Monday, July 21, 2014

Email from Oxford, MA

Okay. So let me just start out with telling you what it feels like to truly be a missionary. Your days feel like weeks and your weeks feel like days. I don't even know what happened during which day this week. It just feels like one big blur, and let me tell you, Sister Boldt and I are SO TIRED. I feel like I am going to collapse at any minute.

I have found out what my mission is for. It is for two reasons. One - so that I can help my companions, because I know that I will have a great influence over them. Heavenly Father has told me several times. And also, I was going over the notes from when I was being set apart as a missionary, and in that blessing it told me that I was going to be a great influence for those who come from broken homes, and I will have a huge effect on them and their families, because through me, they will know the importance of eternal families. So that is my mission. I am her for my companion, the youth/children, and families. I don't know how I am going to do all that Heavenly Father wants me to, but I have already agreed to do whatever He asks me. Even if it is the last thing I ever want to do.

Exchanges went SO GOOD. I was able to do more than I realized, and although it made me exhausted beyond belief, I am glad that I was able to experience it. Sister Patterson was my companion for the day, and she is incredibly nice! I could have spent another day with her.

So on Wednesday, (I think it was Wednesday? I don't remember.....) Sister Boldt and I had to go to a meeting called Return and Report. It is for all of the new missionaries and their trainers to attend. Basically we have a lesson from President, and the AP's. Then our trainers leave the room and we ask any questions we want. Her and I are extremely blessed. While everyone was complaining, I had nothing to complain about or ask questions about. She said all of the trainers in the other room were asking questions about how to make their companionships better, and Sister Boldt said she had no complaints of questions about me either. We are lucky. I was able to see Sister Watts, my first companion from the MTC. She was SO happy to see me! She is one of the best missionaries around, and one of my best friends.

After the meeting we all went and did a session at the temple. It was SO AMAZING. The Boston temple is beautiful. I loved it. It was so amazing to go and do a session with only missionaries. I wish you could have experienced it with me. It was the coolest thing, and it was the strongest spirit I have ever felt when we all went to the Celestial room.

OH! and guess what happened when we were driving on the way to the meeting. Sister Boldt missed the entrance to the church, so instead of turning around on the highway and being late, she parked in the temple parking lot. Well, once we got out of the car, it started to drizzle. Sister Boldt looked at me and all she said was "oh no, RUN!" and she took off running to the church on this tiny little path that curved every which way! It literally POURED on us. And we were running in PENCIL SKIRTS. It was HORRIBLE. We got the chapel and got to a door only to find out it was locked, so we had to run all the way to the other side of the building. It was so embarrassing when we walked in because we were soaked. Everyone just looked at us and asked, "Is it raining outside?" Sister Boldt and I looked at each other and then looked at them like "really, are you REALLY asking that question?!" Because we were drenched.

Saturday, was also amazing! So long story short, Sister Boldt taught a family up in the New Hemisphere (I think she means New Hampshire?) area, and they were completely inactive. Saturday, we were both able to attend their family getting sealed in the temple. It was so beautiful. I have never been to a sealing before (obviously) but it was truly and amazing experience and it just gave me a stronger testimony of me wanting to get married in the temple. They had five little children, and one on the way. It was amazing to see all of them kneel across the alter. It was truly and amazing day.

Yesterday, I was able to help teach the lesson this time in the missionary class at church. Last time I didn't talk at all, and this time Sister Boldt said I did much better. She said that when I was bearing my testimony about something that one of the woman was almost in tears. I didn't even notice. I don't even remember ANYTHING that I said. But I am glad that I was apparently able to touch someone's heart. I thought that I was just blabbering on and on. But apparently I did a splendid job. We get asked to teach class a lot on the fly. It is scary for me. But I just follow whatever Sister Boldt does and wing it with her. It is always an interesting time.


OH! I remember another thing we did this week. We attended a funeral. That was rather sad. But it was a lovely service and everyone was glad that the old guy finally went. He was in a lot of pain. Apparently his non member wife, who wanted nothing to do with the Mormon's wants to get baptized now. Miracles are everywhere in this mission, even when things are sad, people can see the Lord's hand in their lives. It is truly amazing. I love being a missionary :) Even though some days I am like "what the heck am I doing out here in Massachusetts, all the way in the middle of no where?" But I know that I am being blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment