Monday, June 9, 2014

Email from the MTC

Note from the editor:  Our apologies that we haven't had any updates until now.  Just needed to work out some kinks.  We'll try to stay more up to date after this.  Thank you for your patience!  And now, here's Sister Bower...

From email dated June 9, 2014, sent from the MTC:

Hi Family and Friends!

I am doing absolutely wonderful :)  My companion's name is Sister Watts.  She is pretty much my BFF.  I love her, we are so much alike and when we teach, we literally finish each other's thoughts.  The spirit is so strong when we teach together.

I am loving the MTC.  I am in love with my teachers.  We do a lot of role plays in class, which I COULD NOT do at first.  I just had to laugh when we did them.  But now it is second nature almost.  Each of our teachers also role play as investigators, which you would think would be weird, but it is second nature to have them switch from teacher to investigator.  And let me tell you, you grow to love the investigator side of them even more every time you teach them.  Sister Reddish plays a Catholic, 21 year old woman, who wants to know more about the Mormon church because she has a lot of Mormon friends.  She is super hard to teach.  Her character, Jamie, doesn't really want to know if the Book of Mormon is true.  She just wants information so she can understand her friends a little better.  However, she IS willing to read the Book of Mormon, and has already started reading.  Sister Watts and I are going to teach the Plan of Salvation with her today.

Our other teacher, Brother Metcalf, plays a character named William.  I freaking LOVE William!!  He comes from a hard life, the only person who is really in his life is his mom, who lives far far away.  He used to be into drugs and has been to jail many times.  Plus he dropped out of high school so he is not an excellent reader - but he does extremely well when he reads from the Book of Mormon with us.  Sister Watts and I feel the spirit as soon as he hopes the door (to a classroom, but we are pretending it is his home).  I wish I could just hug William - too bad I am not allowed.  I have never felt the spirit so strong - only when I teach William.  I hope that it will be that way for my future investigators.  When I don't know how to continue my sentence or don't know what to say next - Sister Watts literally picks up where I left off.  And sometimes I feel the spirit tell me to tell William something, but Sister Watts beats me to it.  And she says the same thing about me.  We flow so wonderfully together.

I love the Elders in my District.  They are all nice and friendly.  Although I have to agree that the Elders are spiritual giants, and earthly idiots. ;)  It's just true.  It is weird to be older than them too.  They are all just out of high school - even though they look like college students.  They are the best though :)

I love you and miss you!  But not too much yet because I am loving serving the Lord :)

Keep me in your prayers and I will keep you in mine!

Love you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment