Monday, June 23, 2014

Email sent from Oxford, MA

Greetings from Oxford, Massachusetts :D 


A little town out in the boonies. Everything is SUPER spread out. But it is SO beautiful here in New England. Every house we pass by, I feel like Mr. Darcy or somebody from that time is going to walk out the front door!

We live in a kind of crummy little apartment where the neighbors are nice - all except one. But its okay. Life goes on. Everything is good.


My new companions name is Sister Boldt. Pronounced Bolt, like a lightning bolt. The "D" is silent. She is really nice and I couldn't have asked for a better trainer! She rocks.

We don't proselyte that much. Actual I haven't even knocked doors yet. The people of New England are very different here. Statistics show that going door to door is really not effective in New England. So we focus A LOT on ward members and less actives.  We have a fabulous Bishop. We had dinner at their house last night and they  are pretty awesome people. I love them! They have a gorgeous house! 

President Packard is SUPER nice. He is the mission president. Him and his wife are so funny, and they like to TALK. It is something that you really have to get used to. And President Packard is a Texan so they ALWAYS had a ton of good food. DELISH! He says he is our father first and president second or something like that. He is a pretty neat guy. He is a pretty inspired guy too, he can receive revelation like a rock star. Well, rock star probably isn't the right term to be using.... like a ROCKIN APOSTLE. lolol. But really though. You'd love the Packards. 

Hmmmm.... there are a lot of weird names for things down here. I will give you some names, and you have to try and guess what they are and I will tell you if you are right in my next email.
1.) Bubbler
2.) Rotary
3.) Grinder
4.) Malt

They also have this deliscous thing called a Fluffer Nutter. It is a Peanut Butter and Marshmellow fluff sandwich. It sounds super gross but it is THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD. I AM ADDICTED. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT!!!!!!!! SOOO GOOD. It is a New England thing. But it should be introduced to the whole world. Because it is so tasty. Like heaven. I want one now..... mmmm..... so good..... You. Must. Try. It.

The elders in my District are awesome!  We only see them on District meetings one Fridays. Or on P-days when we decide we want to do something together. I think we are doing a picture scavenger hunt with them next p-day. It should be fun :)  Sister Boldt says I fit in perfectly with our little group. She receives a lot of revelation for me, which I admire a lot about her. She is very in tune with what the spirit has to say to her. I am striving to be like that. It is hard to recognize revelation. But I love the spirit that missionary work brings. It is absolutely splendid. I just hope I can make a big difference like Sister Boldt says I will make. She keeps telling me that I am going to be a legendary missionary and that everyone will want to be my companion when they get to know me. I don't believe her, but that's what she always tells me. She is the best. I don't know if I take that as revelation, but I do take it as revelation when she tells me I will have a big impact on certain families that we have met with. And I can feel it too. There are some families in this ward that just need me. Need us. Need us sister missionaries :)

There is probably a ton that I haven't told you, but I can't think of anything else right now! Although I am sorry to tell you that there are some words out here that you have to say with an accent or nobody knows what you are talking about. For example - Worcester. It is pronounced "Wusta" here. And my companion has it bad when it comes to her R's . I have to constantly remind her how to say words the RIGHT way. LOL. So if I come back with an accent - please don't kill me - because I won't be able to help it. My companion didn't even notice until I pointed it out to her. IM SORRY. I don't have an accent yet though :) I am still very much myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment